In the second round of the FIA World Rally Cross Championship, contested in Portugal at the Montalegre complex, the Stilo drivers excelled, in particular highlighted by the podium achieved by Sébastien Loeb (Team Peugeot Hansen) who was always in contention.
Loeb tried everything possible to get past Mattias Ekstrom (Audi S1) but ultimately without success. In the final a great showing by the young drivers including Timmy Hansen (Team Puegeot Hansen) who was fourth in the final.
Sébastien Loeb, 2nd (driver PEUGEOT 208 WRX #9)
“It’s great to have finished on the podium for the first time this year. Myseason got off to a poor start at the opening round, so it was vital to bounceback. We picked up pace as the weekend progressed. That said, as at Barcelona, Q3turned out to be very frustrating when I found myself behind a driver who spanjust in front of me. It was a costly incident for me. Without it, I would havebeen on pole for my semi-final and the outcome could have been different becauseI was fast in the final. I still came away with 23 points, so that’s a realpositive.”
Currently after two rounds of the FIA World Rally Cross the classification as follows;
- Mattias Ekström (Audi S1), 58 points
- Johan Kristoffersson (Volkswagen Polo GTI), 44 points
- Petter Solberg (Volkswagen Polo GTI), 42 points
- Andreas Bakkerud (Ford Focus RS), 30 points
- Timo Scheider (Ford Fiesta), 28 points
- Sébastien Loeb (PEUGEOT 208 WRX), 26 points
- Reiniss Nitis (Audi S1), 26 points
- Timmy Hansen (PEUGEOT 208 WRX), 23 points
- Kevin Hansen (PEUGEOT 208 WRX), 21 points
- Toomas Heikkinen (Audi S1), 19 points